- Scientists behave badly. a survey of scientific misconduct – Martinson et al, Nature, 2005.
- Repairing research integrity. a survey showing that scientific misconduct is underreported. Titus et al, Nature, 2008.
- How Many Scientists Fabricate and Falsify Research? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Survey Data. Fanelli, PLoSOne, 2009.
- Scientific misconduct is worryingly prevalent in the UK, shows BMJ survey. Tavare, BMJ, 2012
- Creating an Environment That Promotes Responsible Conduct. Integrity in Scientific Research: Creating an Environment That Promotes Responsible Conduct. An open online book.
Documents, codes of conduct
- European Code of conduct for research integrity, 2011
- Singapore statement on research integrity. 2010
- Council of Science Editors’ White Paper. CSE’s White Paper on Promoting Integrity in Scientific Journal Publications – 2009 (update)
- Recherche, éthique et déontologie – La communauté scientifique face à ses propres règles. Colloquium July 8th, 2008 – in French
- OECD Best practices for ensuring scientific integrity and preventing misconduct. Unofficial report on best practices for ensuring scientific integrity and preventing misconduct – 2007 – by the OECD
In institutions, organisations
- Committee on publication ethics (COPE)
- European Association of Science Editors (EASE)
- Office of Research Integrity
- American Physical Society: Guidelines for professional conduct
- American Chemical Society: Ethical and professional guidelines
- NIH ethics program
- NIH research ethics training
- Inserm – Delegation for research integrity
- Inserm Ethics Committee
- CNRS Ethics Committee
- CNRS – Comité d’éthique (Fr)
Other actors who talk about it
- Retraction Watch: a blog on retractions of scientific publications
- Student Pugwash USA: The integrity in Science